Färgfabriken contributes to Documenta 15 in Kassel
Färgfabriken has been invited by the artist group Ruangrupa, who are curators of Documenta 15*, to the network Composting Knowledge, an ongoing experimental network for knowledge production, initiated by the ruruHaus run by Ruangrupa in Kassel.
The network will share their ideas and ongoing creative processes as part of the exhibition program, in a space at Hafenstrasse 76 that will take different shapes during the 100 days of the exhibition.
Based on the idea of collectively cultivated compost, the network brings together various organic materials and resources – such as knowledge, time, ideas, spaces, or funds – to be mixed, processed, and exchanged.
Participants in Composting Knowledge are active in the creation of different actions through their own unique perspectives that embrace cooperative, non-hierarchical, neighborhood centered principles and the network functions as a sort of supporting system for these initiatives to cooperate in engaging and critical ways.
Currently the composting network reunites over twenty participants from Kassel, Tokyo, Sofia, Holualoa, Singapore, Beirut, Zurich, Toronto, Stockholm, and London, who are engaging at their own capacity and pace.
Current members are:
- Färgfabriken, Stockholm
- Global Art Practice, Tokyo University of the Arts, Tokyo
- ICA-Sofia, Sofia
- James Jack & Donkey Mill Art Center, Hawaii
- Myvillages, Rural School of Economics, London/Rotterdam/Berlin
- YCAR (York Center for Asian Research), Toronto
- Dorothee Richter, Ronald Kolb: OnCurating.org & Postgraduate Programme in Curating, ZHdK
- knowbotiqs, Zurich
- Sandra Schäfer, Joseph Rustom, and students, Akademie der Bildenden Künste, Munich and Académie Libanaise des Beaux Arts, Beirut
*Documenta is an art exhibition in the city of Kassel in Germany that takes place every 5 years and is open for 100 days, with art exhibited all around the city. Documenta 15 takes place from 18th June to 25th September 2022.
Contact: Joachim Granit